The Euro 2024 Qualification round commences on Thursday, March 23, and involves 53 teams competing to qualify for the 17th edition of the European Championship, where hosts Germany have already secured their place. The top two teams from each group will directly advance to the finals, while three other positions will be decided via playoffs.
Portugal’s star player, Cristiano Ronaldo, has been included in their squad for the upcoming qualifiers against Liechtenstein and Luxembourg. With many other fascinating details to be discovered, this Euro 2024 Qualification is anticipated to be a captivating and enthralling event.
How to watch the Euro 2024 Qualifiers?
Viaplay Sports is the broadcaster of Euro 2024 Qualifiers matches on TV in the United Kingdom (UK).
The broadcasting rights for the Euro 2024 Qualification matches in the United States (US) have been secured by Fox Sports.
TV2 Denmark has acquired the broadcasting rights to UEFA Euro 2024.
DAZN has obtained the streaming rights for the Euro 2024 Qualification matches in Canada.
Euro 2024 Outright Odds
Cyprus vs. Spain
The Cyprus team will compete against Spain on November 16, 2023, at Alphamega Stadium (Kolossi) for matchday 9 of the Euro Qualifiers. Both teams were placed in Group A, with Spain leading with a score of 5-1, while Cyprus is currently in last place and eagerly awaiting their first victory.
- Spain: In the previous match, Cyprus defeated Norway with a score of 1-0. In the first few minutes of the game, both teams struggled a lot to score their first goal. Later, Gavi scored a goal in the 49th minute, leading Spain towards victory.
- Cyprus: They lost their seventh consecutive match against Georgia with a score of 4-0. The entire game was filled with yellow cards and numerous substitutions for Cyprus, but none of them helped the team score their first point. As a result, Cyprus ended up in defeat.
Both teams met on September 13, 2023, where the game ended in a defeat for Cyprus without scoring a single point, while Spain displayed remarkable gameplay and scored six points. Nearly eight matches have been played, but Cyrus is still struggling to secure their first victory. Even though Spain won their opening game, they didn’t expect to be defeated by Scotland in their second match with a score of 2-0. But without spending time worrying about the defeat, they made a strong comeback in the upcoming games, and now they have won five consecutive games. Considering Spain’s strong offensive and defensive capabilities, they have a higher possibility of winning this game.
Georgia vs. Scotland
In the wake of their first loss, Scotland is set to host Georgia on November 16, 2023, at the Boris Paichadze Dinamo Arena in Tbilisi for the Euro Qualifiers showdown. They were positioned under the Group A division, while Georgia is in third place with a record of 2 wins, 1 draw, and 3 losses, and Scotland is in second place with a record of 5 wins and 1 loss.
- Georgia: In their previous encounter, Georgia defeated Cyprus with a score of 4-0. Otar Kiteishvili, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, Levan Shengelia, and Georges Mikautadze each contributed a goal to secure the victory over Cyprus.
- Scotland: They faced their first defeat against Spain with a score of 2-0. During the game, Scott McTominay scored the first goal for Scotland, but it was disallowed after a VAR review. Further, they didn’t have a chance to score, and they lost the game.
Throughout their head-to-head matches, the two teams have met five times, with Scotland emerging victorious in three games and Georgia winning two. The Scotland team started this season with a great performance and a strong strategy. While observing the battle between Spain and Scotland, it appeared to be a back-and-forth exchange of blows. Because Scotland was the first team to hand Spain their first defeat of the season, history repeated itself in their last matchup. Spain had previously secured six consecutive victories, but this loss marked their first defeat. After three consecutive defeats, Georgia’s previous performance was commendable. Both teams are pretty strong on defense, but Scotland has a solid offense on their side, which makes the game even tougher. Scotland will win this game as a result.
Bulgaria vs. Hungary
The Bulgarian national team will face Hungary on November 16, 2023, at Stadion Hristo Botev in Plovdiv for matchday 9. Hungary placed first in the Group G division with four wins and two draws, whereas Bulgaria ranked last in the same division with two draws and four losses.
- Bulgaria: In the previous match, Bulgaria was defeated by Lithuania by a score of 2-0. The entire game was filled with yellow cards, most of which were given to Bulgarian players for roughing and holding. Additionally, they made several substitution changes, but none of them helped them score any points.
- Hungary: Hungary and Lithuania recently ended their match in a draw with a score of 2-2. Dominik Szoboszlai scored a penalty, and Barnabás Varga scored the team’s second goal, leading them towards a potential victory.
This upcoming match will be their second matchup, and in their first meeting, Hungary emerged victorious with a score of 3-0. So far, Hungary has not suffered any defeats. So, if they maintain this record in the upcoming games, it will be a great advantage for them. On the performance side, their defense was quite impressive. However, they need to focus more on their offense to take the game one step further instead of ending in draws. On the other hand, Bulgaria has been struggling a lot this season to secure their first victory. However, we have to appreciate them for managing to finish two matches in a draw. To progress further in this game, they need to focus on their weaknesses; otherwise, their underperformance will hinder their progress. Therefore, Hungary will win this game.
Liechtenstein vs. Portugal
The Liechtenstein team will face Portugal on November 17, 2023, at Rheinpark Stadion (Vaduz) in a Euro Qualifiers match. Both teams were placed in the Group J division, with Portugal leading with 8 wins and Liechtenstein ranking last with 8 losses.
- Liechtenstein: The Liechtenstein team heads into this match with a 4-0 defeat against Iceland. In the first half, Iceland took an early lead, and Lichtenstein missed a penalty. Furthermore, in an attempt to secure their first victory, they made a substitution change. However, they returned from the field with disappointment.
- Portugal: The undefeated team extended their winning streak to eight by defeating Bosnia and Herzegovina with a score of 5-0. The star player of the match was Ronaldo, who scored two goals. Fernandes, Cancelo, and Joao Felix each contributed one goal, helping them defeat Bosnia.
While examining Portugal’s previous performances, this game showcased their dominance on the field against Liechtenstein. Because in their previous match, they scored a total of five goals in the first half alone with their powerful offense. In the second half, they relied on their solid defense and put pressure on Bosnia, preventing them from scoring any points to end the game. Meanwhile, the Liechtenstein offense’s lackluster performance led them to end the game in defeat. Almost eight matches have been played, yet they are still struggling to make a strong comeback. And if this continues, this season will be a horrifying nightmare for them. Competing with Portugal is indeed a tough challenge, but they need to utilize their defense strategically to make the game more competitive. With their astounding performance, Portugal has a higher chance of winning this game.
Denmark vs. Slovenia
The Denmark and Slovenia national football teams will face each other on November 18, 2023, at Parken Stadium in Copenhagen for matchday 9. The Slovenian team ranks first in the Group H division with six wins, one draw, and one loss, while Denmark is standing behind them with the same record.
- Denmark: Denmark defeated San Marino with a score of 2-1. The Denmark team took an early lead with the help of Rasmus Højlund, and their second goal was scored by Yussuf Poulsen, assisting the team in securing their sixth victory.
- Slovenia: Slovenia enters this match with a victory against Northern Ireland, with a record of 1-0. In the first half, Adam Gnezda Čerin scored the first goal for Slovenia, which turned out to be the winning goal that led them to defeat Ireland.
Currently, both teams’ records are tied, so this upcoming game will be a deciding factor and will define their positions on the table. Before this upcoming match, both teams finished their matchday 4 game in a tie with a score of 1-1. To make the game more exciting and advance to the next stage, they need to either win or lose instead of ending up in a draw. Both teams displayed strong offensive capabilities, but in this game, the focus will be on defense. The team that can showcase a solid defensive performance on the field will dominate the game and secure their sixth victory. Considering Denmark’s latest dominant performance, they are likely to win this game.
- / 2 days ago
Oscar Duarte and Ryan Garcia will indulge in an action-packed Junior Welterweight Bout on...
- / 6 days ago
The 2023-24 FA Cup has started to create the utmost enthusiast among all football...
- / 2 weeks ago
The two undefeated champions, David Benavidez and Demetrius Andrade will indulge in a Super...